Design Competitions and Design Schools are the cornerstone of UBORA.
Design competitions 2020
- Considering current global emergency with the COVID-19 pandemia and the increasing risk of infectious disease outbreaks in our globalized world, the UBORA 2020 Design Competition concentrates on technological solutions aimed at providing an integral management for present pandemia and for eventual future outbreaks.
- UBORA supports also the ABEC Design Competition 2020, focused innovative technologies for solving healthcare issues linked to Non-Communicable diseases.
- The UBORA Design Competition 2017 has been focused on creating effective and affordable solutions which will contribute to improved child health outcomes. Students with the best-ranked projects were invited to attend the Design School at Kenyatta University (Nairobi, Kenya) from 11th to 15th December 2017.
- The UBORA Design Competition 2018 has been focused on finding affordable solutions to problems related to our ageing society. The related Design School was in Pisa (Italy), from 3rd to 7th September 2018.
- In 2019, the UBORA consortium supported the ABEC Design Competition: the sought ideas should tackle global challenges associated with the surgical practice, obstetrics and anaesthesia with an emphasis on low- and middle-income countries. The related Design School was in Kampala (Uganda), from 7th to 11th October 2019.